This is the volunteer application form for the Wild Horse Sanctuary. Please fill out this form and submit it according to the instructions at the end if you
would like to help us out.
Print this form - or copy and paste it to an email - out to fill it out.
You can also download a Microsoft Word copy of the form by clicking here!
3. Age: Do you have any physical limitations?
4. Do you work? If so, what type of work?
5. What is your schedule?
6. How much time can you devote to the WHS?
7. What days are most convienent for you? (circle ones that apply)
SUN MON TUES WED THURS FRI SAT
8. What months are most convienent for you? (the animals are cared for all year, no matter what the weather)
Jan. Feb. Mar. Apr. May Jun. Jul. Aug. Sept. Oct. Nov. Dec.
9. Are you associated with any educational institution?
10. What are your interests/hobbies?
11. Do you have your own tent to stay in while at WHS or do you prefer sleeping quarters? Would you come in an RV or camper??
12. Do you mind working in all types of weather?
13. Do you mind working at all hours of the day?
14. Do you like being around large animals?
15. What types of animals do you prefer to work with?
Horses Donkeys & Mules Sheep/Goats
Small Mammals/Rodents Birds Reptiles Others
16. Do you have any ranching abilities?
17. Do you have experience in any of the following areas?
(please x next to applicable areas)
Fund raising (community/corp.)
Media (TV, Radio, Print)
Writing and editing
Newsletter (all aspects)
Millionaire (thought I'd ask)
Organizing car pool (to WHS)
Handling horses (all types)
Humane animal capture
Wild horse censusing
Rounding up large animals
Repairing tack (saddles, etc.)
Hard labor (fences/burning)
Construction (all aspects)
Mechanic (heavy/small equip.)
Heavy equip. operator
Trails (plan or build)
Film or video making
18. Can you elaborate on any of the above?
19. Is there anything else that you have experience in that was not mentioned above??
20. Do you prefer to work with other people as a team or along?
21. How did you select this organization?
22. Are you a member or actively involved in any environmental or other organization?
23. What other volunteering have you done?
24. What type of volunteer work would you like to do?
25. Is there any type of work you prefer not to do?
26. Are there any non-members who would be interested in volunteering?
Additional comments are welcome. If necessary, attach a separate sheet. Please complete and email back to Jill Stenson-Broughton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Jill's phone number is 916-834-6142.
Return completed application form to:
Wild Horse Sanctuary
P.O. Box 30
Shingletown, CA 96088
Wild Horse Sanctuary
Physical Address: 5796 Wilson Hill Road, Shingletown, CA 96088
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 30, Shingletown, CA
(530) 474-5770 (office hours: Wednesday and Thursday from 9am to 3pm)